Mexican Chicken Casserole
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 414
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Boil chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken breasts to a cutting board to cool. Reserve and cool chicken broth.
- Shred the cooled chicken breasts and put into a large bowl; add cheese cubes, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, cream of chicken soup, and cream of mushroom soup and stir.
- Individually dip about half the tortillas into the cooled liquid from poaching the chicken; arrange into the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Spread the chicken mixture over the tortillas.
- Individually dip the remaining tortillas into the water and arrange atop the chicken mixture. Sprinkle chili powder over the tortillas.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top layer of tortillas begin to turn golden brown and crunchy, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 414 calories; 22.4 29.5 23.5 70 1598 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I love this recipe, and my family loves it, too. It's so simple, but so good! I have made it several times now, and each time it quickly disappears. I would recommend spraying your pan so the t...