Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 210
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Soak dried pineapple in a bowl of water until softened, at least 30 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir sweet onion, celery, and leek in hot oil until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle curry powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt over the vegetables; stir to coat. Cook and stir until strongly fragrant, about 4 minutes more.
- Add peanut butter to the pot. Drain about half the juice from the tomatoes and discard; pour remaining tomatoes and juice into the pot. Cook until the tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes. Pour 3 cups water into the pot; add drained pineapple.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer soup for 1 hour. Stir cream, green onion, and garlic into the soup.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Puree about half the soup in a blender before adding the whipping cream, garlic, and scallion if you like a thicker texture.
Per Serving: 210 calories; 13.8 17.5 6.1 8 222 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I dried the pineapple, and that was great! The rest of the soup was easy to put together. I used cashew milk instead of cream, and had a creamy smooth texture with bits of vegetables. This is...