White Wine Pound Cake
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 446 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)) with cooking spray and lightly coat with flour.
- Whisk cake mix, pudding mix, 1/4 cup white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Beat vegetable oil, water, 1/2 cup white wine, and eggs into flour mixture using an electric mixer until batter is smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Combine 1/2 cup white sugar, butter, 1/4 cup white wine together in a saucepan immediately after removing cake from oven. Cook sugar mixture, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon 1/2 the glaze over cake while cake is still warm.
- Invert cooled cake onto a cake plate and spoon remaining glaze over top of cake. Allow cake to absorb glaze, about 15 minutes. Dust cake with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Note:
- Buy the cheapest white wine you can find at the grocery store. It does not matter what kind of white wine you use.
- Use a cake mix that calls for oil in the batter rather than butter.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 446 calories; 23.4 g fat; 54.2 g carbohydrates; 3.8 g protein; 73 mg cholesterol; 407 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was just a little too sweet and cinnamon-y (personal taste preference) for us, but it is very, very moist from the glaze and easy to make. Also, I really miss the buttery taste that you ty...