Gluten Free NO-Hassle Holiday Stuffing
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 368 cals
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Spread bread cubes onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until completely dry, about 2 hours. Transfer bread cubes to a large bowl.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; saute onions, apples, and celery, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add chicken broth and poultry seasoning and simmer until flavors blend, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture over bread cubes and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for liquid to absorb, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove cover from bowl and transfer bread cube mixture to a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Drizzle 1/2 cup melted butter over bread cube mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- My family is split about whether the stuffing should have raisins in it so I split the bread mixture and put 1/4 cup raisins in half of it after I have mixed the bread and veggies together. Sometimes I add 1 cup grated or chopped carrots to the sauté.
Per Serving: 368 calories; 22.6 g fat; 41 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 42 mg cholesterol; 479 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious and moist! I added one extra stick of butter when sautéing the onions, celery, and apples. Left it over night under Saran Wrap in the fridge and baking this morning with extra broth an...