Ingredients1 h servings 802
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Mash potatoes using a potato masher or a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; saute onions until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Mix potatoes, salt, and pepper into onions. Remove skillet from heat and cool.
- Roll each puff pastry sheet onto a work surface. Cut each sheet into 4 squares. Spread about 1/4 cup potato mixture onto each square in a strip down the middle; top with a hot dog. Cover each hot dog with about 1/4 cup more potato mixture. Roll puff pastry around hot dog and filling; place, seam side-down, on the prepared baking sheet. Brush puff pastry with egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 802 calories; 44.4 85.8 16.8 47 694 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made these with Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausages and the Knishes turned out amazing! Very Good! I had a hard time getting pictures as they disappeared in minutes.
Amazing!!!! Delicious!!!! I followed the recipe only changing using cocktail hotdogs and making themappetizer size. Honestly my hubby and I were worried that the potatoes would be dry no way ...