Dessert for Dinner Sweet Potato Casserole
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 356 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and immediately peel sweet potatoes; transfer to a large bowl and mash.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir white sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract into mashed sweet potatoes; pour into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix pecans, brown sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, and flour together in a bowl. Sprinkle pecan mixture over sweet potato mixture. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through, 25 to 35 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until pecans are lightly browned, about 5 more minutes.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 356 calories; 17.6 g fat; 48.1 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 145 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I have a similar recipe titled, "Pumpkin Crunch Souffle," that differs only in a large can of pumpkin puree instead of sweet potatoes. It's outstanding! My recipe goes into the microwave uncov...