Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 437 cals
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mix turkey, bacon, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper in a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is completely browned and the bacon is crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Stir kidney beans, black beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a large pot; bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir turkey mixture into the beans mixture. Cook chili at a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, about 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 437 calories; 13.9 g fat; 43.1 g carbohydrates; 36.8 g protein; 82 mg cholesterol; 1413 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this almost as listed and my family enjoyed it. The change I made was I added water to the mix as there was no juice and it would have burned without the moisture (by the time it was rea...
HOLY COW! What a surprise! I had not a clue I was eating a turkey 'till maiden aunt Bess told me that uncle Ken shot it fresh the very same afternoon! So zesty and translucent!
The bacon added a nice flavor. I added some more tomatoes because I prefer it that way, but it would have been fine without. Yummy!
Turkey + Bacon = awesome. Followed the recipe but added pineapples at the end and man that was tasty chili! The smell in the oven reminded me of pizza. Thanks so much for this recipe.