Ingredients4 h 15 m servings 208 cals
- In a large saucepan, whisk together eggs and sugar until well combined. Whisk in milk. Add cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, mace and cloves; place over medium heat and whisk gently for about 10 minutes or until mixture has small bubbles around the edge of pan and thermometer reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
- Remove from heat and pour through fine mesh strainer into a large bowl. Whisk in rum (if desired) and cover with plastic wrap, directly on surface, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Chocolate Egg Nog: Whisk in 1/2 cup high quality cocoa powder to egg and sugar mixture and continue with recipe.
- Maple Ginger Egg Nog: Omit granulated sugar and substitute 1/2 cup pure maple syrup. Add 1-inch (2.5 cm) piece fresh peeled ginger, thinly sliced, or 2 teaspoons ground ginger with cinnamon sticks and continue with recipe.
- Chai Egg Nog: Add 10 crushed green cardamom pods and 6 black peppercorns with cinnamon sticks and continue with recipe.
- If you don't have ground mace you can substitute 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice in the recipe.
Per Serving: 208 calories; 5.6 g fat; 23.6 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 126 mg cholesterol; 94 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Very easy to make and everyone said it was a great blend of seasoning. I added spiced rum instead of plain!
I chilled the nog before adding rum because alcohol starts to evaporate at 80 degrees. ;-)
I just made this today for myself and it is very good. The only thing is I didn't get it smooth enough. I will make it again until I perfect it. This recipe is as good, if not better, than th...