Poetic Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients2 h servings 522
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, confectioners' sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in an 8-inch pie pan using a fork; press lightly into bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is set and lightly browned, about 7 minutes; remove from oven and cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, lemon zest, salt, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ginger, and cloves together in a bowl until smooth; pour over cooled crust.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking until filling is set and edges of crust are dark golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool pie completely.
- Beat cream, brown sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater: whipped cream should form sharp peaks. Spread whipped cream over cooled pie and lightly dust with a pinch nutmeg.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 522 calories; 30.4 56.8 8.3 134 575 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
How do I love thee, Poetic Pumpkin Pie? Let me count the pieces we ate. This is a break from my traditional pumpkin pie recipe, and we loved the graham crust and the silky smooth filling. I foll...
This pie was really good! Kind of a refreshing update to the original pumpkin pie recipe. I took it to my boyfriends family's thanksgiving at it was a hit! Only for me it took about ten minutes ...
This is a wonderful way to improve pumpkin pie. I thought it took longer than 2 hours to make. The pie has to cool before you can do the whipped cream layer, so give yourself time for that. T...
My son loves pumpkin pie...I never really cared for it. This recipe is amazing! It quickly is becoming one of my favorites.
Everyone loved this recipe for Thanksgiving. I followed the recipe as is.. baked for 40 minutes and could have took it out a minute or two earlier. Thanks for sharing. Definitley making again.
This is a great tasting recipe. Love it! I did a few things differently... I did put the crust in the freezer to cool off faster like another reviewer. I am allergic to egg whites so I only used...
Like the first reviewer, I'm not a huge pumpkin pie fan but my kids loooove it. Making this recipe changed that! I love the variation from traditional pie crust, and the brown sugar whipped cr...
I just finished mixing this and I am already giving it 5 stars before even baking it. My changes: I used 1 cup steamed acorn squash and 1 cup steamed kabocha squash instead of pumpkin. I love...