Ingredients40 m servings 260
- Cook oysters and reserved liquid in a skillet over medium heat until edges curl, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Combine onion, potato, broccoli, water, and corn in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain vegetables and reserve liquid.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Stir flour into melted butter until smooth, about 1 minute. Slowly pour reserved vegetable water and milk into butter-flour mixture; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add oysters and vegetables to milk mixture and cook over medium-low heat until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- If using fresh oysters, save and use that liquid.
- Omit salt if using canned oysters.
Per Serving: 260 calories; 12.5 24.9 12.6 76 298 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
Delicious! I used more of all the veggies than called for (except the onion), so I doubled the cooking water to 2 cups and that worked out great. I used canned oysters, and was very happy with h...
This recipe is fabulous! I'm surprised there are not more reviews / ratings, and it's so good I want to spread the word. I had canned oysters and creamed corn that were expiring and so looked th...
Good stuff!! I added 1 1/2 cup water to vegetables. Plus 1/3 cup crimini mushrooms,chopped.And since I didn't have enough oysters I added 8 oz of freshly caught fresh water striped bass,cubed.Ma...
This was really delicious. The only thing I did differently was cook the vegetables in chicken broth and put the oysters (juice too) in the soup at the end and cooked for 10 minutes instead of ...
Great flavor a little short on corn and potatoes for my taste. Added shrimp as the container of oysters I had was not the 12 oz size
I used cauliflower instead and some celery salt. It was delicious
This is the most flavorful oyster chowder that we have every tasted. I did make some slight changes. I used charred corn that I find at Whole Foods. I also added a parsley garnish that I happene...
Amazingly delicious!!! I made it as written and even my 2- and 5-year-olds are it (minus the oysters). The exciting thing about this recipe is that it is a good starting point for other variatio...