Becca's Potato Bacon Soup
Ingredients45 m servings 314 cals
- Place cooked bacon in a large stockpot over medium-high heat; add potatoes, chicken broth, carrots, onion, parsley, celery seed, salt, and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, cover stockpot with a lid, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring frequently and slightly mashing potatoes, until potatoes are fully cooked, at least 20 minutes. Add extra chicken broth if needed.
- Whisk milk and flour together in a bowl or measuring cup until frothy; slowly pour into soup while constantly stirring. Bring soup back to a simmer and cook until soup is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in American cheese until completely melted. Ladle soup into serving bowls and garnish with green onions.
- Cook's Note:
- When cutting potatoes, if you want chunkier soup, make the pieces bigger. If you don't want any pieces left, cut them small. If creamier soup is desired, cook longer until potatoes are mostly broken-down.
- Colby-Jack cheese can be substituted for the American cheese.
Per Serving: 314 calories; 10.7 g fat; 40.9 g carbohydrates; 14.2 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 1121 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 27
Made it exactly as recipe stated except I put actual celery in with the onion and carrots and left out the celery seed. Delicious. Great heated up the next day too.
I thought too easy to be so good!! Had some when it was done and heated it up later and it was better.
Mmm mmm. Awesome recipe! I used yukon gold potatoes and only had a red onion. I also used fresh parsley not dried and followed the notes of the submitter and subbed 2 cups shredded colby jack fo...
I made this soup as part of a supper I cooked for 30 senior citizens in my culinary care at their retirement home where I work. The kitchen didn't have any celery seed so I just went with one bi...
Very good. Made exactly as it says and we really enjoyed it. The carrots add a different flavor to it and give a different spin on traditional tasting potato soup.
Love this recipe. Easy to cook and personalize. I used precooked bacon and added some garlic. Yummy!
Creamy soup and very easy, used red potatoes and did not bother to peel them. Also used celery (lightly sautéed it with onion in a little butter) before adding broth and potatoes.