Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 168
Original recipe yields 8 servings (2 cups)
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir pancetta in melted butter until crisp, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Stir onion and garlic into the pancetta drippings in the skillet; season with salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir tomato paste with the onion mixture until smooth; season with oregano, turmeric, curry powder, herbes de Provence, and black pepper.
- Pour Merlot wine over the mixture and stir; bring to a full simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until the volume of the liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Melt remaining butter into the sauce; stir.
- Pour the reduced mixture into a blender; add the reserved pancetta and blend until smooth.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 168 calories; 9.7 5.7 4.3 25 299 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I actually made this to liven up some leftover turkey I had for dinner. I knew that it wouldn't really be a match for what I had, but I needed it for something later on in the week. I did use ...