Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 10 m servings 224
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Mix tomato paste, vinegar, onion flakes, yellow mustard, molasses, garlic, olive oil, and liquid smoke in a bowl to create a thick paste. Stir brown sugar, kosher salt, cumin, chipotle pepper, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper into tomato paste mixture.
- Place pork shoulder into a slow cooker and add paste mixture.
- Cook on High for 4 hours. Shred pork with 2 forks and remove bone. Reduce heat to Low and continue cooking for 1 to 2 more hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you're looking for more smoke flavor, you can probably just keep adding liquid smoke until it's enough for your taste without it really changing the recipe too much.
- If you are keeping it simmering longer, put it on 'keep warm' or your lowest heat setting. Because of the amount of sugar and molasses, if you are not careful, this recipe will burn very easily, so keep an extra wary eye on it.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 224 calories; 8.4 17.4 19.9 53 1252 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I had to cook this a little differently than written due to the amount of hours I am away from the house but I made the sauce as written. I prepared everything the night before in my crockpot an...