Ingredients5 h 40 m servings 249
- Mix flour, chili powder, paprika, cumin, adobo seasoning, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add pork and toss until coated.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; fry pork in batches until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer browned pork to a slow cooker.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in the same skillet until vegetables are fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir tomatoes, barbeque sauce, brown sugar, and hot sauce into onion mixture and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour sauce over pork.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Transfer pork to a plate and shred with 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker and stir. Continue to cook, uncovered, until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Partner tip: Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 8.5 19.4 22.2 67 434 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is probably the best pulled pork I've had and I have made a few! I had a 7 lb. pork shoulder to use,cooked it using 1 box of unsalted chicken stock in slow cooker. I used the spice rub minu...
This was tasty. I didn't find this very spicy at all and I am a spice wimp most of the time. Next time I'll up the hot sauce and/ or cayenne. It wasn't very sweet which was a nice change from th...