Ingredients10 h 20 m servings 378
- Season pork roast with half the steak seasoning and place in the center of a slow cooker. Layer about half the pork rib meat around pork roast and season with about half the remaining steak seasoning, paprika, and chili pepper. Layer the remaining pork ribs in the slower and season with the remaining steak seasoning. Add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke.
- Slowly pour water over pork, being careful not to wash away the seasoning.
- Cook on Low for 10 hours. Transfer meat to a roasting pan; remove and discard any bones and large chunks of fat. Shred pork with tongs or forks.
- Drain and discard liquid from slow cooker; wipe away any remaining fat. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and add about 1 1/2 bottles barbeque sauce. Stir. Continue to heat on Low until ready to serve. Serve with remaining 1/2 bottle barbeque sauce.
- Cook's Notes:
- If I am feeding a large group I try to fill the pot with meat to within an inch of the rim. This takes 8 to 9 lbs of meat.
- I always try to cover the meat with water, but that is impossible on large batches. If I can't completely cover the roast, I try to turn in over at some point to make certain that it is tender through and through.
- I generally put the meat on in the evening, pull it in the morning and let it sit on warm until noon.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 378 calories; 22 20.6 22.5 90 901 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Easy recipe to follow, delicious end result.
I'm not sure why all of us here didn't like it, but I won't be making it again. Thank you anyway.
Followed recipe as written. Everyone loved it!! For those concerned about crock pot times and newer crock pots, my crock pot is a newer one for which I usually have to reduce cook times. This...
Amazing BBQ pork. No need for the smoked paprika - I added more of the dried chipotle in place of it since it has a smoky quality to it and a bit of a kick.
I got rid of the liquid smoke- not a fan. I subbed part of the water with white vinegar, added pepper, a splash of lemon juice, garlic, onion, bell pepper, and a bit of brown sugar.
I made this ahead of time and took it with us camping. My picky kids loved it I will definitely make again.
I halved this recipe and cooked the roast and ribs on low for 7 hours. Came out perfect!