Ingredients8 h 25 m servings 293 cals
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Score fat layer on pork shoulder by making shallow cuts in a diamond pattern. Spread garlic, parsley, sage rosemary, and thyme over pork. Place pork in a large roasting pan, fat side up. Pour cider over pork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 hours. Transfer pork to a large platter; remove and discard any large pieces of fat and skin. Pour pan drippings into a separate pot. Shred meat and return to the roasting pan.
- Whisk flour into water in a bowl.
- Bring drippings to a boil and stir in flour mixture; cook and stir until gravy is thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour gravy over pork.
- Cook's Note:
- I also cook this in a counter top electric roaster oven, so I usually put it on before I go to bed and take it off the heat when I wake up. It's easier to shred the meat if it's cooled a little.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 18.5 g fat; 4.7 g carbohydrates; 22.6 g protein; 86 mg cholesterol; 73 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I had to spend over $5 for the bottle of hard cider, and ended up with flavourless meat. It was tender enough, but lacked any kind of punch. I guess I'm used to a salty flavour instead of swee...
This was Awesome! Full of flavor, easy peasy too! Made a great sandwich! I will definitely make this again.