Ingredients1 h servings 331
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter six 6-ounce glass or ceramic ramekins. Set ramekins into a 2-inch deep baking dish.
- Place corn into a large saucepan and stir in cream, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat; stir in milk. Watch Now
- Transfer corn mixture to a blender and pulse several times to get the mixture moving. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Watch Now
- Whisk egg yolks with eggs until smooth in a mixing bowl. Slowly whisk about 1/4 cup hot corn mixture into eggs until the corn mixture is incorporated. Repeat several times more until all the corn mixture is combined with eggs. Watch Now
- Divide corn mixture equally into the 6 ramekins. Pour hot tap water into the baking dish to come about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven until custards are just set, 30 to 35 minutes. Let custards cool for about 10 minutes before serving in ramekins or unmolding onto serving plates. To unmold, insert a knife between the custard and the ramekin, go around the edge with knife to loosen, and turn over onto a plate to unmold.
Per Serving: 331 calories; 28.6 14.4 7 253 558 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
tried this for dinner today well made it much easier by not tempering the milk and eggs by not heating them just whipped them together cold and baked it an extra 15 min. Turned out perfect rich ...
Chef John, excellent! These were (as usual) fantastic. I wanted to double, or triple the recipe for Christmas dinner, can this be made in a casserole dish with the same outcome? Thanks!
Smelled and tasted like corn bread with texture like a souffle. Some of my family members are "foodies" & even they loved it. I will definitely make this again! PS: liked the commentary on your ...
This is amazing! And so easy to make. I let my blender mixture cool before blending. Turned out great!
This turned out great! I made it for my wife for valentine's day and it was way better than getting her flowers. It turned out fluffy and had a really good, slightly sweet flavor.