Spiced Moong Beans
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 40 m servings 328
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Put moong beans in a large container and pour enough cold water over the beans to cover by several inches; soak 8 hours to overnight.
- Drain and rinse beans; set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat until smoking. Cook cumin seeds in the hot oil until they sizzle, about 90 seconds. Add onion to the pot; cook and stir until they begin to turn translucent, 2 to 5 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, paprika, and salt into the onion; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Stir tomatoes and jalapeno pepper into the onion mixture; cook and stir until the tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes. Add moong beans to the mixture. Pour enough water into the pot to cover the ingredients by at least 2 to 3 inches; add curry leaves and lime juice.
- Lock the lid onto the pressure cooker, bring the cooker up to pressure, and reduce heat to keep the pressure steady. Cook 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the cooker from the heat, place in the sink, and run cold water over the lid of the cooker until the pressure has been released. Carefully remove the lid.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 4.8 62.4 9.6 0 13 Full nutrition