Vegetable Stovetop Frittata
Ingredients30 m servings 289
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir broccoli, bell pepper, and sweet onion in hot oil until hot, about 3 minutes. Place a cover on the skillet and continue cooking until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes more. Stir olives into the vegetable mixture.
- Beat eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper together with a whisk in a small bowl; pour over the vegetable mixture in the skillet. Sprinkle feta cheese over the egg mixture.
- Replace cover on the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the egg is lightly browned on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip the frittata and cook until the bottom is again lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you are serving those with heartier appetites, increase the eggs to 3 whole and 3 whites.
- This can be made with almost any combination of whole eggs, whites, Egg Beaters®, etc., but if using whites only, I'd recommend adding some fresh chopped herbs for more flavor.
- If using cast-iron pan, make sure it is well-seasoned or the frittata may not flip easily.
- You could cook it uncovered in the oven instead of flipping it, which is a traditional frittata cooking style.
- Good quality olives and feta add a lot to the taste of this dish, so splurge if you can!
Per Serving: 289 calories; 20.6 10.8 16.6 215 627 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
A very good and healthy breakfast! The times and temps the submitter gave in the recipe are spot on too.
This made a tasty and quick summer dinner with sourdough toast and a spinach salad. I used 3 eggs with 3 whites, a whole cup of broccoli, green onions instead of the sweet onion, and not quite a...