Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 453
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool. Peel and slice potatoes into thin rounds.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute green onions in hot butter until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir sour cream, condensed chicken soup, Cheddar cheese, and salt into onion mixture until completely combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange potato slices in the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking pan. Pour cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until brown around the edges, about 45 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 453 calories; 31.6 33.7 10.5 77 770 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
It was tasty, but just way too much butter. I'll probably cut that in half next time. I'd rather add more sour cream then all that butter. It was a great starting point, now I just have to tweak...
This recipe was just ok. The potatoes turned really mealy from the double cooking and for us that isn't a very nice texture. Added garlic and onion powders and made my own cream soup base. Also ...
We loved this recipe! I used cheese it crackers instead of cornflakes (Thats all I had on hand) and i added french fried Onins to the cheese it topping as well. I think I will keep the changes I...
This was perfect, but I agree with a little less butter. The flavors were just what I was looking for. I added ham cubes to it and sent it home for my daughter and her family!