Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h servings 426 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Mix gelatin and cold water in a bowl until softened; stir in boiling water until gelatin is dissolved.
- Beat orange juice and eggs together in a bowl using an electric mixer until combined. Beat sugar and orange liqueur into the orange juice mixture; add gelatin mixture and stir until smooth.
- Beat cream in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: whipped cream will form soft mounds rather than a sharp peak. Carefully fold whipped cream into orange juice-gelatin mixture until just combined; pour into a glass trifle dish. Freeze until set, 8 hours to overnight. Thaw before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- An elegant and delicious dessert for any major holiday or occasion. If the gelatin mixture doesn't thicken, put it in the freezer and let it get thick before you fold in the whip cream.
- This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw eggs. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 426 calories; 20.4 g fat; 52.1 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 188 mg cholesterol; 27 mg sodium. Full nutrition