Ingredients4 h 5 m servings 225
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease two 15x10x1-inch baking pans.
- Arrange chicken in the prepared baking pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes; drain and turn wings. Continue baking until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 20 to 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Drain.
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons honey, molasses, salt, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, chili powder, and liquid smoke in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce has thickened and flavors blended, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer 1/3 the chicken to a slow cooker and top with about 1 cup sauce. Repeat layering with remaining chicken and sauce.
- Cook on Low, 3 to 4 hours. Stir before serving.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 7.7 30 10.9 32 641 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I make this literally 3 times a month. My family loves these wings. Of course I have changed some things due to the kids not tolerating the spiciness. I use regular ketchup, no chilli powder and...
It was very good! I halted it to make fewer wings. Added a drizzle of olive oil and salt and peppers to wings before baking them.
I only made the sauce (as I did not have wings and ran out of BBQ sauce for something else on the grill)... Let me say, this sauce was fantastic! I had to make a couple of changes due to ingr...
We loved these! The flavor is good and bold. I don’t have spicy ketchup, so substituted part ketchup & part Asian sweet chili sauce, which has a little bite to it. I agree that the molasses ...
I wanted to grill these wings, so I made the sauce (boiling it down made it super thick), marinated the wings, and then grilled. The sauce stuck well, and created delightfully sticky wings, and ...
Delicious!!! The sauce is fantastic! I did put them back in the oven after the slow cooker for about 10 minutes at 400 to get them to the "sticky" stage as that is preferred. The meat was fall ...
excellent sauce for the chicken. A little on the sweet side. I BBQ'D it For whatever reason the recipe calls for it to be done in a slow cooker
Made it as called for in the recipe but I didn't put in the slow cooker after. I put them in a chafing dish at a tailgate party. Everyone loved them. Just the right amount of heat.