Texas Lime in the Coconut Muffins
Ingredients55 m servings 488 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 10 Texas-size muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Whisk sugar, coconut oil, and grapeseed oil together in a bowl. Add eggs and lime zest; whisk until smooth.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, flaked coconut, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Stir milk and lime juice together in another bowl.
- Whisk milk mixture into sugar mixture. Gently fold flour mixture into sugar mixture until batter is just combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer muffins to wire racks to cool.
- Cook's Note:
- If you want a crunch on the top, sprinkle each muffin with a bit of raw cane sugar before baking.
Per Serving: 488 calories; 27.4 g fat; 56.9 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 76 mg cholesterol; 328 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Made a 1/2 recipe & got 12 muffins. Though not really wild about these as a muffin. Both the hubby & I thought they tasted more like a cupcake and probably would be good with a lime and/or cocon...
Really good. As the recipe calls for, I used grapeseed oil, but I had WIldtree lemon grapeseed oil, so used that. Rather than the whole wheat flour, I used coconut flour, so I doubled the milk...
Pretty good. I had none of the special oils, so I just used regular old vegetable oil, and it worked just fine. I've been on a mission to use up some of the coconut I have had in the cupboard ...