Turkey Paupiettes with Apple-Maple Stuffing
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 374 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in hot oil, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer cooked sausage to a large bowl and return skillet to heat.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot skillet until softened and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes; transfer to bowl with sausage.
- Blend bread cubes in a food processor until finely ground. Add bread crumbs, parsley, and sage to sausage mixture; stir until stuffing is completely combined.
- Season turkey breasts with salt and pepper. Place 1/2 the stuffing mixture onto each breast. Roll turkey breasts around stuffing, tucking the sides in as you roll. Tie twine around each rolled turkey breast to secure the roll. Season each roll with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Place turkey rolls in hot oil and cook until golden brown on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Pour turkey stock into the skillet and bring stock to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Transfer skillet to oven.
- Cook in the preheated oven until turkey rolls are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 10 to 12 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove rolls from the oven to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch slices.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute chicken stock for the turkey stock.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 13.7 g fat; 7.7 g carbohydrates; 52.1 g protein; 175 mg cholesterol; 526 mg sodium. Full nutrition