Smokey Butternut Squash Soup
Ingredients1 h servings 243
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a roasting pan with a large sheet of aluminum foil.
- Toss butternut squash, shallot, 2 tablespoons canola oil, paprika, chili powder, chipotle powder, and ginger together in a bowl until evenly mixed and coated. Pour into prepared roasting pan and wrap aluminum foil around squash mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir reserved butternut squash seeds, pinch salt, and pinch ground black pepper in the skillet until lightly toasted, 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts leaves and cook, stirring occasionally, until leaves are slightly crispy and seeds are browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir maple syrup into seed mixture and immediately remove from heat.
- Pour butternut squash mixture and almond milk into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until soup is smooth.
- Pour butternut squash soup into bowls and top with squash seeds and Brussels sprouts mixture, pomegranate seeds, and goat cheese.
Per Serving: 243 calories; 10 38.8 4.8 5 92 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe worked great for our dinner party. Only point is you might have to mix in water and then heat in a pot to produce the amount needed (as this depends on how ch squash you started wit...
Great flavor but if you are sensitive to spice, use half the amount of chipotle and chili powders!