Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 451
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spread melted butter evenly over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Beat persimmon pulp and sugar together in a bowl; beat in eggs. Beat in buttermilk and baking soda.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to persimmon mixture, stirring until well incorporated; stir in vanilla extract. Pour persimmon batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden and cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- Make sure the persimmon is not hard; the pulp has to be sweet to taste for it to be sweet in the pudding pie. Enjoy my great great grandmothers recipe!
Per Serving: 451 calories; 5.6 95.8 7.4 79 452 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This recipe is excellent. I used very ripe Fuyu persimmons. I didn't have buttermilk, so I looked up the substitution, and it is yogurt in the same amount. This doesn't give the pan size, and it...
i made it exactly as directed. Was very good. Very much a bread pudding consistency in that it looks like cake from the top but is very moist in the middle. Whole family enjoyed it and the kid...
The recipe also yields 2 pies ( 9" inch regular). I baked it for 50 minutes. I plan to eat one now and freeze the other.
It looks like a vanilla wafer, but it really does taste wonderful
Made it as is except I accidentally added 1/2 TBS of Cinnamon and it was still very yummy. Everyone loved it!
This dessert is SO Good!! I followed recipe except I used 1-1/2 cups of flour because it’s the consistency we are used to here in Indiana. I had lost my original recipe and this one is close. I ...