Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 414 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven or large heavy pot over medium-high heat; cook and stir onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove Dutch oven from heat. Stir bread crumbs, oysters, oyster liquor, celery, salt, black pepper, thyme, and poultry seasoning into onion. Spoon mixture into the prepared baking pan; cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes; remove aluminum foil and continue baking until lightly browned, about 20 more minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- My method is to coarsely chop oysters: drain and reserve liquor then pulse several times in blender.
- Dressing can be baked in the same oven as the turkey if making on Thanksgiving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 414 calories; 26.4 g fat; 32.9 g carbohydrates; 11.5 g protein; 102 mg cholesterol; 1180 mg sodium. Full nutrition