Ingredients40 m servings 458
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place shrimp in a bowl and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Whisk mayonnaise, hot chili sauce, fish sauce, and sesame oil together in a bowl until evenly mixed.
- Whisk milk and eggs together in a bowl. Pour seafood breader into a shallow bowl.
- Dip shrimp in egg mixture. Transfer shrimp to seafood breader and coat well.
- Fry coated shrimp, working in batches, in the hot oil until coating is browned and shrimp are pink and fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Try to keep shrimp separate from each other while in the fryer. Remove cooked shrimp with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture and cilantro into a large resealable plastic bag; add cooked shrimp. Seal bag and evenly coat shrimp with mayonnaise mixture.
- Cook's Note:
- If the shrimp gets cold, reheat in oil then coat with mayonnaise mixture.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 458 calories; 30.3 22.2 23 240 2008 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I've never had this before, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but we LOVED this! Great flavor and fairly easy to make. I just sprinkled the cilantro over top b/c my little guy is...
it was very good , I did a comparison on the sauce , i made it from scratch and just bought the yum yum sauce and the recipe saice was better . the store bought sauce was good also if u want to ...