Mini Apple Pies from Karo®
made it | 0 reviews |
"Mini pies are all the rage!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 330 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 mini pies)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- For crust: Mix flour and salt in large mixing bowl. Pour oil and water into measuring cup - do not stir. Add liquids all at once to flour mixture. Stir with a fork until just moistened. Form dough into a ball.
- Roll between 2 sheets of waxed paper, forming a 14 x 12-inch rectangle. Note: Dampen work area by wiping with a wet dish cloth to prevent wax paper from slipping. Place waxed paper covered crust on a baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For filling: Combine apples, sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, corn syrup and apple juice in a large bowl. Mix until all apples are coated.
- Spray inside of jar with cooking spray. Portion apples into jars, filling to the top. Remove top layer of waxed paper from pie crust. Cut a circle the size of the jar (the jar lid makes a great template). Cut out center of crust with a small decorative cookie cutter. Carefully peel crust from waxed paper and place on filling. Repeat with remaining jars. (Only about half of the crust will be used. Place in a large plastic bag to freeze for later use).
- Sprinkle pies with 1 teaspoon sugar. Place pies on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until crust is lightly browned and apples are tender.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 12.9 g fat; 53.3 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 297 mg sodium. Full nutrition