Decadent Chocolate Almond Toffee
made it | 0 reviews |
"Crunchy, buttery toffee pieces are dipped in rich dark chocolate and chopped toasted almonds for a treat that makes a great holiday gift or addition to your dessert tray."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 984 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (24 servings)
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add sugar, salt, water and corn syrup; cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally with a whisk, until the mixture reaches 260.6 degrees F. Add 1 cup almonds and cook until the mixture reaches 305 degrees F. Remove from heat.
- Use an offset spatula to remove the toffee from the saucepan and spread it on 2 of the lined baking sheets. Set aside to cool.
- Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring well after each minute, until melted. (Chocolate should reach 90 degrees F when thoroughly melted.)
- When toffee has cooled completely, break up into small pieces and place in a bowl. Keep in mind that finished pieces will be larger when coated in chocolate and almonds. TIP: To speed up the cooling process, you can place the toffee in the freezer (not refrigerator) for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Line the cooled baking sheets with fresh parchment paper.
- Grind or finely chop the remaining 7 cups toasted almonds. Spread almonds on 1 of the 3 lined baking sheets.
- Use your left hand to pick up each piece of toffee and dip it into the chocolate. Wipe off excess chocolate and place the piece of toffee on the tray containing the chopped almonds. Use your right (chocolate-free) hand to quickly cover the chocolate-covered toffee with almonds.
- When chocolate has set (after about 15 minutes), transfer the toffee pieces to the remaining lined baking sheet. (You may pile them on top of each other). If the chocolate isn't set after 15 minutes, chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month. Do not refrigerate.
Per Serving: 984 calories; 70.2 g fat; 79.2 g carbohydrates; 18.9 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 243 mg sodium. Full nutrition