Ingredients1 h servings 175 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For Crust: Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl at medium speed of mixer until creamy. Add flour and salt; mix on low speed until blended. Spread dough evenly into bottom of a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until crust is golden.
- For Filling: Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl at medium speed. Beat in butter, corn syrup, flour, buttermilk, vanilla and lemon peel if desired, until mixture is smooth. Pour filling over baked crust.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until edges just begin to brown and filling is set. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
- Note: Recipe can be doubled and baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake time may vary by a few minutes, so watch carefully.
Per Serving: 175 calories; 8.7 g fat; 22.6 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 111 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Absolutely wonderful-- wouldn't change a thing! I was looking to use up some leftover buttermilk and came across this recipe. It seems like a throwback to a time when you created recipes out of...
I occasionally buy buttermilk for pancakes and then wonder what to do with the rest of the bottle. This is a very good use for it. I gave it 4 stars based on its good taste and simplicity. I ...
My recipe kept messing the butter amount up when I was flipping pages, make sure you use 6 T (softened) for crust and 2T (melted) for filling. Almost burnt mine but brown edges have chewy carme...
I made the bars per recipe. I used margarine because there was no butter on hand, but I think this is a recipe that would work better with butter. I used about half the orange zest because I use...
My family devoured this rich, custard-like dessert. I would give this 5 stars but there is way too much butter in the crust. The prebaked crust did not set up and when I poured the topping on, i...