Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If using RapidRise Yeast, let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.)
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- For toppings: Combine oil and garlic; brush over crust. Top with freshly ground sea salt. Add tomato slices and basil; sprinkle with cheese. Finish with a sprinkle of Italian herb seasoning.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
- *If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
- **To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
- ***To easily chop fresh basil, stack basil leaves and tightly roll. Slice into thin strips.
Per Serving: 764 calories; 44.7 70.9 22.8 44 1694 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was excellent! I changed the recipe with ingredients I had on hand. I used bread flour, active dry yeast & I let the dough sit covered for an hour. The crust was great. I cut the two table...