Big V's Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
Ingredients18 h 15 m servings 422
- Mix beer, mustard, honey, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cayenne pepper, and salt in a bowl until honey is dissolved. Pour a small amount of the beer marinade into a slow cooker; add pork. Pour remaining marinade over pork. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning pork occasionally.
- Cook pork on Low in the slow cooker for 8 hours, basting occasionally. Add water if the pork becomes dry. Drop onion around pork and continue to cook until pork is very tender, about 2 hours more.
- Pull and shred pork with two forks, discarding any pieces of fat. Transfer pork to a serving dish. Skim remaining onion from the slow cooker using a sieve and add to pork.
- Cook's Notes:
- If frozen, thaw the pork roast in your refrigerator.
- For best results the roast should begin marinating the evening before you are planning to serve this dish. Unless you are looking for a lower fat recipe, do not remove the fat from the roast at this point. The fat adds flavor and helps keep the meat moist and tender.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup
Per Serving: 422 calories; 23.1 19.7 28.5 108 786 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 18
This recipe is great and because I was looking for a flavor that had some barbeque undertones, I took the suggestion of adding barbeque. After I shredded the pork, I took the juice that it cook...
Yeah so this was an awesome marinade. I cooked fora bout 13 hours total, mainly because I was working the day it slow cooked. I got home, added the onion (only 1/2 as a whole seemed over power...
Yep, this was pretty much amazing. The perfect balance of sweet and savory. We loved it.
I didn't have time to marinate overnight and it still turned out super yummy! Thanks for the recipe
A perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors, topped with the smoothness of the BBQ sauce and the kick of the pepper, and can be added to rolls, crackers, or just eaten alone. Well worth the lon...
I used a 4lb picnic roast. Didn't have time for the overnight marinate so I just used the recipe to cook the pork in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. Added Sweet Baby Rays after shredding/r...