Salmon with Maple Soy Marinade
Ingredients4 h 20 m servings 547
- Place soy sauce, maple syrup, rye whiskey, and wasabi paste into a blender. Cover blender and puree until smooth. Pour half of the mixture into a resealable plastic bag for marinade and reserve remaining mixture in the refrigerator for dipping sauce. Place salmon in the bag, coat with marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate salmon in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Submerge cedar planks in water and soak for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Remove salmon fillets from marinade, and place each one on a soaked cedar plank. Discard bag and marinade.
- Place planked salmon into the grill, close cover, and roast until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Serve with reserved dipping sauce.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 547 calories; 23.6 30.4 47.1 149 1965 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I thought this turned out pretty good. I did cut back on the syrup and also added some all natural salt and pepper blend but that was the only change I made. My salmon was pretty thick so I gril...
Sorry but this was not my taste at all. The salmon turned out too wet and sweet for my liking. The syrup was overbearing. It might have worked better with brown sugar.
We loved it. We eat a lot of fish and am always looking for ways to cook it. This was easy and different for us.