Ingredients8 h 45 m servings 514
- Combine paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, and salt in a small bowl; season with black pepper.
- Blot pork chops dry with paper towels, then rub with paprika mixture.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons canola oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry pork chops in batches until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer browned pork chops to a slow cooker.
- Wipe skillet clean and heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon canola oil and butter over medium heat; cook and stir onions, 1/2 bottle beer, and a pinch of salt until onion is tender and slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add liquid smoke. Spread onions over pork.
- Mix barbeque sauce, remaining beer, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bourbon, and hot sauce in a bowl; pour over pork.
- Cook pork on Low until very tender, about 8 hours. Shred and divide pork over rolls to make sandwiches.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 514 calories; 18.5 41.7 31.6 82 1041 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Tasty way to make pork. This is not the usual sweet pulled pork.. smokey with a hint of spice. Next time I'll increase the spices
More prep than I originally anticipated. However, we liked it and will make it again.
Would make it again. Didn't have bourbon so we used rum. It was great!
First, the Bourbon was mentioned in the Title of the recipe, but not in the ingredients list or how much! However I added 1/2 Cup per 3 lb cut of Pork. I also added 1 teaspoon Cumin to this reci...