Ingredients8 h 45 m servings 514 cals
- Combine paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, and salt in a small bowl; season with black pepper.
- Blot pork chops dry with paper towels, then rub with paprika mixture.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons canola oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry pork chops in batches until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer browned pork chops to a slow cooker.
- Wipe skillet clean and heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon canola oil and butter over medium heat; cook and stir onions, 1/2 bottle beer, and a pinch of salt until onion is tender and slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add liquid smoke. Spread onions over pork.
- Mix barbeque sauce, remaining beer, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bourbon, and hot sauce in a bowl; pour over pork.
- Cook pork on Low until very tender, about 8 hours. Shred and divide pork over rolls to make sandwiches.
- Partner tip: Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 514 calories; 18.5 g fat; 41.7 g carbohydrates; 31.6 g protein; 82 mg cholesterol; 1041 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Tasty way to make pork. This is not the usual sweet pulled pork.. smokey with a hint of spice. Next time I'll increase the spices
More prep than I originally anticipated. However, we liked it and will make it again.
Would make it again. Didn't have bourbon so we used rum. It was great!