Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 h 10 m servings 224
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Mix creole butter and jalapeno marinade, beer, honey, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a large cup. Fill marinade injector with beer marinade. Place pork shoulder in a baking dish; inject with marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Transfer pork to a large roasting pan and tightly cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until very tender, about 12 hours. Drain and discard about 3/4 the pork juices; shred pork.
- Cook's Notes:
- I like to use a grill and get my charcoal going, then I cover the coals with a thin layer of 2:1 hickory to mesquite chips. Add more wood later to maintain smoke. After two hours, turn pork over and into a foil roasting pan, then smoke for another two hours. Remove and cover with foil, making a good seal. Bake for 8 hours in oven on 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Drained pork juice can be used for cooking beans.
Per Serving: 224 calories; 14.9 4.6 16.4 63 394 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2