Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 40 m servings 639 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sesame seeds in hot oil until golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer seeds and oil immediately to a large glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Stir onions, soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, and peppercorns into sesame mixture until marinade is evenly combined. Place steak into marinade, turning to coat all sides. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate, turning steak often, for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook the steak on the preheated grill until meat starts to firm and turns reddish-pink and juicy in the center, about 10 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) for medium rare. Transfer steak to a plate, cover with aluminum foil, and let rest for about 10 minutes. Slice across the grain.
- Cook's Note:
- My wife takes the onions from the marinate and cooks them in a skillet over low heat until caramelized, then serves them over the sliced London broil.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 639 calories; 44.9 g fat; 20.5 g carbohydrates; 39.7 g protein; 63 mg cholesterol; 1876 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Did not use London Broil, used round steaks. So Tender! A little unsure about the number of onions. Seemed way too much, but we put them on the grill on foil and all was delicious. Made stre...