Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 188
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk sugar, flour, and salt together in a bowl; stir in milk, lemon juice, egg yolks, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks. Fold egg whites into flour mixture; pour into a 1-quart baking dish.
- Set baking dish in a baking pan. Pour water into baking pan to make a 1-inch deep water bath around baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set in the middle, about 50 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Per Serving: 188 calories; 1.6 40.6 4.1 69 135 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
As this recipe's first reviewer, I'm happy to give it an enthusiastic "two thumbs up." This recipe for the classic "Lemon Pudding Cake," which I first made decades ago, is very basic and ver...
An easy to make 4 star dessert. I used whole milk because i had it around, but otherwise I followed the recipe. The top layer is like a light lemon cake and at the bottom is a gooey lemon cust...
It tastes very good. I zested a whole lemon and then juiced it. It is a unique blend of custard and cake!
I made this for a friend who likes anything lemon. I’m not a lemon lover but it really is easy and he said it was delicious.
I love Lemon and even more in the summer time awesome dessert
Oh man! This recipe was great! The only toughish part is whipping the egg whites, it takes forever, lol. But the end result is delicious! It is like Jello pudding met with lemon merengue pie and...
4.5 stars. Light and lemony...a welcomed change from heavy, or traditional desserts (like chocolate). My husband liked it also, so I plan to make it again. I put it in a 1 1/2 quart pan becau...