Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 212
Original recipe yields 30 servings
- Soak onions in water in a large bowl until the water takes on some of the onion flavor, at least 1 hour.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned completely, about 10 minutes.
- Stir onion-and-water mixture, diced tomatoes, and diced tomatoes with green chile peppers with the beef in the pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 90 minutes.
- Stir paprika, chili powder, sugar, seasoned salt, garlic powder, cumin, marjoram, and cayenne pepper into the liquid until dissolved; continue to cook at a simmer for 1 hour more.
- Stir cornmeal into the chili, 1 tablespoon at a time, simmering for a minute to check consistency before adding the next.
You might also like
Per Serving: 212 calories; 8.3 8.6 24.9 59 455 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2