"These chicken mummies are perfect for a fun but healthy Halloween dinner to fuel your little ghouls and goblins for a long night of trick-or-treating. They are also a hit at adult Halloween parties. This recipe can be tailored quite easily: chicken tenders can be marinated in your choice of marinade before cooking; different flavored tortillas can also change the look and taste. Serve with your choice of condiments; salsa, guacamole, and sour cream go well, as do barbecue sauce or even ketchup."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 312
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat; cook chicken until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate to cool enough to handle.
- Wrap each chicken piece with a tortilla strip, starting at 1 end and overlapping tortillas when starting a new strip and leaving a gap at the top for the 'face'. Place 'mummies' on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until until tortillas are crisp and chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Cool mummies for about 5 minutes; place 2 olive slices on each 'mummy' for the 'eyes.'
Per Serving: 312 calories; 3.4 66.9 21.7 32 694 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I give it a 4 for flavor but a 5 for fun. I made these with my niece after watching a documentary in King Tut. It was a fun together time and a tasty meal too. She made me promise to make the...