Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 387 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir onions until tender and golden, about 30 minutes.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Heat cream and maple syrup together in a saucepan over high heat; cook and stir until almost boiling, about 5 minutes. Pour 2/3 the cream mixture over sweet potatoes; toss to evenly coat.
- Layer potatoes in a 9x13-inch casserole dish, seasoning with salt every 5 to 6 layers. Pour remaining cream mixture over potatoes until potatoes are 3/4 covered. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and gently stir potatoes; top with caramelized onions. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 20 more minutes. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 387 calories; 19.5 g fat; 51.5 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 102 mg sodium. Full nutrition