Vegetarian Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
Ingredients50 m servings 74 cals
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium-low heat; cook and stir onion, leek, and garlic until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, broccoli, and potatoes to onion mixture; cook and stir until potatoes are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high; stir broth and enough water to cover vegetables into mixture. Stir curry powder, turmeric, bay leaf, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into broth-vegetable mixture. Loosely cover pot with a lid and bring soup to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are softened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Whisk milk and flour together in a bowl until smooth and thickened; stir into soup along with nutritional yeast until soup is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove soup from heat and allow to slightly cool and thicken.
- Cook's Notes:
- All the spices are optional, and you should season to taste.
- Add flour to thicken to personal preference.
- Feel free to use a hand immersion blender once soup is cool to make a smooth soup.
Per Serving: 74 calories; 0.7 g fat; 13.5 g carbohydrates; 4.6 g protein; 1 mg cholesterol; 138 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I added a huge chopped carrot, and let it simmer a couple of hours, but followed the recipe otherwise. I can't handle much spiciness at all, and this was just right (I used no more than a pinch...
Flavorful soup! Like another reviewer, I added a carrot. I also threw in a bouillon cube along with vegetable broth, I pureed some of the soup and used coconut milk instead of evaporated milk. I...
Nice soup. I pureed it and didn't need any flour.Increased the spices for my own preferences.
This soup is quickly becoming a favorite. I make it exactly as the recipe says. It's a great way to get in some winter veggies, even my 2-year-old likes it!
I've made it now a couple of times. I'm sure the recipe as is would be great too. For me I'm not eating white potatoes or milk, so I left those out. I also added some carrots and spinach. It was...
I'm not vegetarian, but I wanted to make something different. The soup came out wonderful! I made just two changes: I was out of yellow onions, but I always keep chopped scallions in my freez...