Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 309 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 large bread pans.
- Beat sugar, pumpkin, eggs, water, applesauce, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves, and ginger together in a separate bowl; stir into the pumpkin mixture until just combined. Fold walnuts into the resulting batter; pour into prepared bread pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil to store.
- Cook's Note:
- You may substitute 1 cup wheat flour for 1 cup of the all-purpose flour.
Per Serving: 309 calories; 10.7 g fat; 50.2 g carbohydrates; 4.7 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 279 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I cut this recipe in half to ten servings. Instead of water, I used unsweetened Tazo vanilla rooibus tea and I doubled the amount of spices. I also used pecans instead of walnuts. I made muffins...
It came out great, I used 1 cup dark brown sugar instead of white and 1/2 C. Soy flour instead of white. I also added a cup of raisins...yum yum yum
I used dried cranberries instead of nuts and coconut oil for the oil. I did not have all the spices so I only used nutmeg and cinnamon and added an extra teaspoon of vanilla. I also used pumpkin...