Cinnamon Apple Pie Bars
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 318
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll 1 pie crust pastry onto a work surface; lightly roll with a rolling pin until crust is a 9x13-inch rectangle, cutting crust if needed. Press crust into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish, placing leftover crust pieces in the corners.
- Whisk white sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Toss Granny Smith apples and gala apples in sugar mixture until evenly coated. Spread apple mixture evenly over pie crust; pour remaining juices over apples.
- Roll the remaining pie crust to 9x13-inch rectangle and place over apple layer, folding edges over apples to completely cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool apple bars slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until topping is smooth and desired consistency; drizzle over bars.
Per Serving: 318 calories; 11 54 2.6 < 1 171 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Followed the recipe as is written. Very good, and easy to make. Just enough cinnamon and nutmeg.
This is a really simple and tasty dessert! I had alot of apples gifted to me and wanted to use them up so instead of my usual apple pie recipe i decided to try this one! My only changes were I a...
I rolled out the pastry onto parchment paper and just laid it into the pan. I mixed about 2-3 T of softened butter with the apples. then rolled out the top pastry onto more parchment paper and t...
This is the first time writing a review here, and I am doing so because this is that good!! Absolutely perfect way to use up apples this Fall!! I may enter this into the Summer 4th of July pie...
I made this for a family get-together. It turned out great. I added an extra 1/4 cup of sugar and did not make the glaze topping. Also, I used 3 Granny Smith, and 4 Golden Delicious apples. Ever...
Stayed pretty true to the recipe. Used mostly Gala apples with a couple of Honeycrisp. I scattered a couple of tablespoons of butter on the apple mixture before adding the top crust. I then u...
Easy to make and my family loved it. I skipped the frosting and served it warm with vanilla ice cream.