Ingredients25 m servings 82
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until foamy. Gradually add sugar and lemon juice, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls egg mixture onto a baking sheet, making little peaked mounds.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned and dry on the outside yet soft and no longer gooey on the inside, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- For Christmas, mom would add a small drop of red or green food coloring to lightly tint these. Seasonal sprinkles can also be added before baking.
Per Serving: 82 calories; 0 20.1 1.1 0 17 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I made it and baked for 20 mins but it became sticky even after letting it cool. What did I do wrong?
Excellent, just the way my Avo would make them. We call the Espiros though, but the same recipe. I make these on all special occasions, my son just loves them!
Loved it, but had to bake them for 30 minutes before the inside was cooked. Added 1/8 t of lemon zest, decadent
I looked at a lot of recipes, and I just love these ones great tasting and easy to make