Upside Down Apple Pecan Pie
made it | 0 reviews |
"No need to choose favourites - now the best aspects of pecan pie and apple pie come together in one scrumptious dessert."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 519 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 (9-inch) pie)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine pecans, melted butter and brown sugar in a 9-inch (23cm) pie plate. Remove the first pie shell from the aluminum pie plate and place on top of the pecan mixture.
- Heat 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Stir in ginger, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Arrange the apple mixture on top of the piecrust in the pan. Dot with butter. Top the mixture with the second piecrust after removing it from the aluminum foil pan. Flute the edges of the piecrust and cut several slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake pie on the middle rack of the preheated oven. Place aluminum foil under the pie plate in case the filling bubbles over. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and immediately invert the pie onto a serving plate.
Per Serving: 519 calories; 37.2 g fat; 42.5 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 241 mg sodium. Full nutrition