Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 470
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add squash, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, rosemary, balsamic vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 12 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Remove from heat. Lightly mash squash with a potato masher.
- Stir together ricotta, egg and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Layer 4 lasagna noodles, 1/3 sauce, 1/3 ricotta mixture and 1/3 mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat 2 more times ending with ricotta and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional chopped basil before serving, if desired.
You might also like
- VARIATION: To make Butternut Sausage Lasagna, prepare recipe as directed above except add 1 lb. mild Italian sausage, casings removed, in step 2. Cook over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, stirring to break up sausage; drain if needed.
Per Serving: 470 calories; 18.9 49.4 27.2 72 880 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
It was a lot of effort for less-than-amazing results. I normally adore all things squash, but felt like the flavors weren't a good fit for each other. I doubt I'll make this again.