Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 696 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- Combine 1/2 can tomato paste, egg, 1 tsp. each basil and oregano, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in bread crumbs, Parmesan and raisins.
- Mix in turkey with hands or a large spoon until mixture is combined well. Shape into 16 meatballs, about 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Bake 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature).
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining tomato paste, diced tomatoes, 1 tsp. each oregano and basil, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add baked meatballs to sauce and simmer 5 minutes for flavors to blend. Serve meatballs and sauce over pasta with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- * Three slices firm white bread, crusts removed, yield about 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs.
Per Serving: 696 calories; 23.8 g fat; 85.5 g carbohydrates; 34.4 g protein; 108 mg cholesterol; 728 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I like my sauce thicker and less "chunky" but overall was easy to prepare and my kids liked the meatballs. I left out the raisins - it seemed like an odd addition to me but what do I know? I th...