Ingredients1 h servings 692
- Toast rye bread in a toaster until lightly browned. Cut into cubes.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in butter until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir flour into onion mixture. Gradually stir water and bouillon into onion mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir corned beef, half-and-half, 1 cup Swiss cheese, and sauerkraut into pot. Cook, stirring frequently, until soup thickens, about 30 minutes.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Ladle soup into 8 oven-proof bowls. Top each soup bowl with bread cubes and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Broil soup in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 692 calories; 46 26.2 44 175 1699 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I'm rating 5 stars even though I put in less sauerkraut and swiss cheese to my liking. I also added a bit of red bell pepper. We loved it! If you do put in less ingredients, you will probably wa...
I followed the recipe exactly but found the soup to be too thick. I added 2 additional cups of water and 2 additional teaspoons of beef bouillon. That helped.