Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 652 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (2 1/2 quarts)
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes; continue to cook, stirring continually, until the potatoes are hot, about 3 minutes more.
- Pour chicken stock and water into the saucepan; add chicken soup base. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook at a gentle boil until the potatoes are mushy, about 20 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook linguica in hot skillet, turning regularly, until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Drain linguica on a plate lined with paper towels and slice.
- Pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth and return to saucepan.
- Stir sliced linguica and black pepper into the soup and return to medium heat. Place a cover on the soup and cook at a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir kale into the soup; simmer until kale is tender and jade green, about 5 minutes more. Stir remaining 1tablespoon olive oil into the soup just before serving.
Per Serving: 652 calories; 39.1 g fat; 51.2 g carbohydrates; 26.1 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 1569 mg sodium. Full nutrition